THE HOUSE WITH CHICKEN LEGS, published by Usborne:
- Waterstones Children’s Book of the Month, May 2018
- Nominated for the 2019 CILIP Carnegie Medal
- Shortlisted in the 2019 Blue Peter Book Awards
- Book of the Month in The Bookseller, The Guardian, and Just Imagine Story Centre.
- Book of the Week in The Sunday Times, The Week Junior and The Phoenix Comic.
“Enticing, a little bit dangerous, and thrumming with possibilities.”
Kiran Millwood Hargrave, author of The Girl of Ink and Stars
Twelve-year-old Marinka dreams of a normal life, where her house stays in one place long enough for her to make friends. But her house has chicken legs and moves on without warning. The only people Marinka meets are dead, and they disappear when her grandmother, Baba Yaga, guides them through The Gate. Marinka wants to change her destiny, but her house has other ideas…
Below is a magical, animated version of the UK cover; illustrated by the brilliant Melissa Castrillón, designed by Katharine Millichope at Usborne, and brought to life by videographer Penelope Mazza.
And here is a sneak peek of the gorgeous internal illustrations by Elisa Paganelli: